As 2017 comes to a close we can’t help but reflect on the year. It seems each month goes by faster than the one before. You’ve heard the old adage ‘the days are long, but the years are short’, if you’re in the thick of parenting young kids you know how true that statement is.
Since our site launched in August, our team has had the honor of sharing our stories with you. We are so grateful for everyone who has read our posts, commented or shared their own stories with us. This motherhood journey is so fulfilling, but at times can feel difficult and lonely. It’s so important to know that you’re not alone.
We have talked about fun topics like pumpkin patches, crock pot recipes, and we’ll never look at sharing day the same after ‘The Great Grub Incident’. We’ve also delved into more difficult topics like postpartum depression, miscarriage and losing a loved one.
Here are the Top 5 Posts of 2017:
5. Veteran Mom, Tawnda is expecting baby #6 in the spring. She shares the Top 10 Baby Products you really need.
4. The area was abuzz when Aldi re-opened this fall after a remodel. Moms loved our Ultimate Guide to Aldi.
3. There’s something about becoming a mom that makes you see your own mom in a whole new light. For me, that rang even truer this holiday season: Dear Mom, How Did You Do It All?
2. Our writer, Mandy, welcomed her third child earlier this year. She shared her feelings of disappointment when she found out she was expecting another boy.
1. Contributor, Rachel had the post that resonated the most this year. Postpartum depression is such a common thing but it is rarely talked about. She bravely shared her struggle in ‘I Loved Being Pregnant, But Struggled to Love my Son’.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being a part of the Mankato Moms Blog community. We look forward to all of the exciting things that 2018 has to offer.